Thread: Unity Home folder has links I want to remove

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Talking Unity Home folder has links I want to remove

My Unity home folder quick lists has more entries in it than I want. For example I have two (2) Ubuntu One entries, and I have a file that I do not want in the quicklists.

I can not find any references on how to modifyf the Unity Home Folder Quicklists. I have Quicklist Editor and Ubuntu Tweak and neither shows any quicklist entries for the Unity Home Folder.

OK, how does one modify the contents of the Unity Home Folder? There should be some documentation on how to do it somewhere on this big Internet. It seems to be hidden and Ctrl+H does not seem to make it visible.
    Using POP!_OS 20.04, which is basically Ubuntu 20.04 with some help from System76.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Unity Home floder has links I wnat to remove

Hello there,
    What version of Ubuntu are you running. On mine when looking at the file manager GUI on the right side kind of at the top there is a little arrow button that point down. If you click on that you will see a option to "Show hidden Files". Now if you do not see that then you are using the older file manager GUI, run your cursor across the top of the screen while you have have the file manager GUI open. I believe with that one to "Show Hidden Files" is in either under "view" or "edit".

I have no problem editing stuff in my home folder, just go into you home folder and right click on the folder you would like to modify.
    Last edited by grier-devon; November 26th, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
    We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
    - Linus Torvald

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Unity Home floder has links I wnat to remove

Thanks. I had just stumbled on the solution before getting your email. I was saving a copy of a LibreOffice document and I noticed the two errant directory items. I went to one and hovered and the one of the choices was "delete". I tried it on one and it worked, so I did the other. Now my Unity Home Folder is back to what it should be.

Thanks for your help.
    Using POP!_OS 20.04, which is basically Ubuntu 20.04 with some help from System76.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Unity Home folder has links I want to remove

Glad to hear.
    We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
    - Linus Torvald