Thread: Mp3 playback issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Mp3 playback issue

Hey guys

I really hope someone on the forums can assist me. I installed the codecs when I installed Ubuntu and then later on read through a 30 things to do after installing Ubuntu list.
    One of the things mentioned was installing the Ubuntu restricted extras which I did via the terminal becuase it has some more support than what the inital instal did including: Microsoft Fonts and DVD playback.

However I fear I may have a code conflict issue at the moment because none of my music apps want to playback mp3's, tested Mixxx makes strange noises and Audacious keeps saying buffering, the default player works but as soon as I seek the track breaks. Or perhaps it has nothing to do with the codecs and is maybe just a general issue either way I really hope someone may know what the issue is. I've spent just over a week to get my Ubuntu perfect for me and would hate to redo everything.

Thank you for your help

Beans

Re: Mp3 playback issue

Boot a LiveUSB/CD and see if you have the same issue. If you don't, then your issues are caused by something you did. In that case, please link to the "30 things" article. It's difficult to help someone undo something if they don't tell you what they've done...