Hey guys,
I recently purchased Painkiller Hell & Damnation from Steam, it's in BETA and I have learned that it won't even start up if I am using the fglrx drivers. The nordic forums are suggesting I use the open source radeon driver. I am not gonna just waste $19.99 and forget about playing it so I was wondering if there's an easy way to switch to the radeon driver and then back to fglrx.

I just went through hell to get the darn fglrx drivers to work with my HD5750 and am getting great performance from the driver in games like Serious Sam 3 and Bastion so I was wondering if there was some easy way to uninstall the fglrx driver, install the radeon driver, set my xorg.conf, logout and back in and it then should be using the radeon driver correct? BUT, then when I am done playing Painkiller, I would remove the redeon driver, install fglrx, correct xorg.conf, logout and back in again to again be using the fglrx drivers.

Possibly a bash script containing all this somehow?
Code:
sudo apt-get remove --purge xorg-driver-fglrx fglrx*
Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dri xserver-xorg-core
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
and then since my system is 64bit BUT I run Steam which is 32bit I have a multi-architecture system so I have to also do this
Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall libgl1-mesa-glx:amd64 libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 xserver-xorg-core
Im leery of even trying this because I am have a multi-arch system due to using Steam which runs in 32bit but my main OS is obviously 64bit so there's all these symlinks to various opengl drivers