Thread: 13.10 - Buggy windows

Beans

13.10 - Buggy windows

Hello everybody, it hasn't been three days since I last posted about problems with Saucy, and I have others already.
    Yesterday I installed Gnome 3. However, I didn't like it, so I decided I would switch back to Unity. The window style, however, has changed only partially; system windows are still displayed as they were in the Gnome environment. This wouldn't be a big problem - I can't say I don't like that style - if only they had borders and a proper background!
    I have attached four pictures: one shows the System Settings window alone, one shows it atop of Firefox (notice how I can't distinguish where the window ends - that's kind of annoying for my eyesight), one shows the Monitor window (whose background seems to have vanished) and one shows the Appearance window (where the background works fine, except near the tab labels).
    What can I do? I've already removed both Gnome 3 and Gnome Classic, although both still show up in the login screen (do I have to remove something else apart from the packages I installed to get them?).
    Oh, by the way, the login screen doesn't show the mouse cursor anymore. Is this a bug or a feature?

Thank you in advance, as always.

Last edited by alessio-popoli; November 24th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.