Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Website to Ubuntu (deb)

Beans

Re: Website to Ubuntu (deb)

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    Making a Unity Web App seems like a vastly easier way to go than rewriting everything from scratch. By adding a few commands to your web page it will be able to pop up notifications to your desktop or display the number of unread messages in the app's icon.
    How does a Unity web app work on Xubuntu when it uses XFCE? I want it not to be just for Ubuntu. I want it to be for more then just Ubuntu.
    Last edited by thumbtak; November 25th, 2013 at 01:45 AM.

Beans

Re: Website to Ubuntu (deb)

Quote Originally Posted by thumbtak View Post
    How does a Unity web app work on Xubuntu when it uses XFCE? I want it not to be just for Ubuntu. I want it to be for more then just Ubuntu.
    See http://developer.ubuntu.com/web/tutorial/ . It's Unity-centric, but has a lot of good information.
    There is not really a "Unity" webapp. Webapps are applications. Good applications work with many desktop environments.
    In Xubuntu, applications (including webapps) use the Applications menu, have indicators and controls as a Panel Plugin, and the user can add them to a toolbar shortcut if they wish.
    In Unity, applications (including webapps) show up in Dash, have indicators and controls in the appropriate AppIndicator on the top bar, and the user can add them to the Launcher Bar is they wish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12