Thread: Login Name question and request for help

Beans

Question Login Name question and request for help

Hi

Earlier today I registered as a user on the forum after originally signing in from my existing Ubuntu one account. In the forums my email address is being shown as my user name, I'm certain I selected by name as username when logging into the forums and not my email address.

Are you able to make the necessary change so that I'm identified by my name rather than my email address when I post to the forum?

Thank you

Tim

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Login Name question and request for help

Yes, we can. But your current forum username is nothing to do with Ubuntu One SSO login. The email address as username is what you chose when you created the account, long before SSO login, in 2010.

Rather than guessing the exact form of your preferred forum username, that is whether you want digits after the name or not, please post what you would like your username to be, and I will make the necessary change.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Hi

Thanks for your reply. First choice for my forum name is Tim Welch. If that's not possible then timwelch42 would be OK. Thanks also for explaining why this occured in the first place.

Kind regards

Tim

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I've changed your username for you.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.