Thread: Enemy Territory

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Enemy Territory

Hi,

First of all: Yes, I've googled for solutions to this problem and searched the forums, but they all appeared to be a problem with similar symptoms but different cause.

Basically, when I start et up, if I click to skip the intro video, it freezes for about 2 minutes, and then goes to the main screen. If I click on the buttons e.g. "Play Online" it freezes and plays the same split-second of music over and over again until eventually it loads the server list screen. In fact, clicking anything except the exit button has the same effect.

Its not a graphics card problem I don't think, because I have an FX5500 with 3d enabled, and I get 2000-3000 FPS on glxgears.

I've played et before a lot, and it worked fine all this time until today, it spontaneously started doing this :S

Thanks.

-Rashid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Enemy Territory

yeah, i've got a similar problem. the intro movie starts but the game freezes before entering the menu.

i've been playing et on this setup a lot and i've never had any problems. since yesterday however, it spontaneously started freezing. this seems strange since i haven't updated anything.

i've reinstalled it, gotten it to work once, then after a reboot encountered the same problem again. every installation since then failed.

3d acceleration is working fine otherwise, other games pose no problem.

Beans

Ive got exactly the same. It just started doing it today. All i can remember having done recently was installing the slab and some kernel update. Maybe it was the kernel update? Imma try 2.6.15-25 again now.
    EDIT: Just noticed that -25 isnt available in the repos anymore.
    Last edited by maxx_730; July 19th, 2006 at 03:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I don't think its an update, because I haven't updated anything!

I tried re-installing it, but the same problem occured. This is really really weird, seeing as it only starte yesterday/today and we have exactly the same problem.

Well, at least I know I'm not suffering alone

I wish I'd given this thread a more appropriate title so the people with a solution/explanation would bother ot take a look :$

edit: BTW, when it freezes before the menu screen wait for about 2 mins and it'll load up the screen, but with the problems I described (thats what happened to me when I though it had completely frozen)

-Rashid