Thread: What does it mean?!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What does it mean?!!

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the tattoo on the guy's upper left arm means? I'm talking about the "666" tattoo in the attached image (omg please don't let it mean "antichrist" or anything similar, that would be just tooo weak for Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson).

The image is from Ellis and Robertson's Transmetropolitan #42, dated March 2001. A great comic, well worth reading, all 60 issues are to be found on the internet, in .cbr format. I own a fair chunk of the hard-copy comics, but I also own the complete 60-issue run in .cbr format (to view them I use the comic-reading app Comix, available from the Ubuntu repos).

Sorry if this has come across as an ad for the comic. I don't work for Vertigo or DC Comics, I don't sell comics, so this is a genuine question: what does that tattoo mean?

But since I'm on subject of Transmetropolitan: what do you think of the City and its cultures? Would you eat monkey-burgers if the flesh came from a genetically-modified monkey which has next to no brain function?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: What does it mean?!!

I don't know anything about the comic, but I believe the symbol is a Gankyil:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gankyil

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

A Google Image search on the tattoo found nothing conclusive. I also do not believe it is a variant of 666, which supposedly is the "Number Of The Beast" which just happens to be one the greatest SciFi novels ever written by arguably one of the greatest SciFi writers of all time, Robert A. Heinlein.

Am I off topic yet?

Beans

nearly off topic, but a cat is good, too