Thread: Trying to install printer in Xubuntu 12.04

Beans

Trying to install printer in Xubuntu 12.04

Just use the Printer app under system in the application finder or menu. All of the STUFF you need is already installed. The printer I have is a 692C, but the procedure is the same for a lot of HP printers and possibly other brands. I searched for how, and found all kinds of things that I should do but that didn't want to work or couldn't be installed. CUPS, HPLIP, HP-setup and who knows what else. A terminal response to my trying to run HP-setup about GUI support being needed got me to a Vectorlinux forum. What helped me find the answer was "Just go to applications>system>vector control ........" I went to the application finder where I discovered that there is an app called "Printing" which configues printers. Which is exactly what it did! It's great and it's simple. So I am posting this to maybe help some of you searching for the same fix to avoid all of the obsolete detours and dead ends and get the job done sooner. Xubuntu is not just an operating system, it is also a HOBBY! Let me know if this helped.
    Last edited by Peter_Heft; December 3rd, 2013 at 05:48 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Trying to install printer in Xubuntu 12.04

Not a support request. Moving to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat.