Thread: Shoutcast TV no longer working...

Beans

Shoutcast TV no longer working...

I know that Shoutcast have not been officially supporting or even displaying links to Shoutcast TV streams for years, yet they have still managed to retain a toe-hold - right up until a few days ago, then everything just stopped working! At least through Streamtuner2, which is a pity as there were always a few streams with something interesting.

Has anyone heard if Shoutcast has finally pulled the plug on the TV streams?

Beans

Re: Shoutcast TV no longer working...

A couple of conclusions. First, although Streamtuner2 no longer works as far as Shoutcast TV is concerned, I found a web-site that recognising this, provides a Shoutcast TV stream-list of its own. available here. Second, while nosing throught the source of this page, I came across the following embedded comments;

Cleaned up the design a bit, trimmed genre, and Currently playing. so it wont mess up the design.
    one of my fav shoutcast cchannels! they removed the list, how i have to find all the greats
    Sometimes the list does not show all channels, cause shoutcast is messing up.
    Will see about caching all servers as well. to see if they are active or not.
    Well that's a shame. Winamp.com and associated web services will no longer be available past December 20, 2013.
    I'm guessing this could also be the reason shoutcast have been changing a few things.
    I asume so, though there are rumours that they wanna sell it to microsoft
    Ohh dear! shoutcast/AOL-winamp integration comes to Skype. Sounds like a bad mix to me
    So it seems that this is the reason that Shoutcast TV no longer works via Streamtuner2, (the reference to Shoutcast changing stuff). It's a real shame that it will vanish completely in a months time. Sob.