Thread: thanks admins!

squakie is offline Chocolate-Covered Ubuntu Beans
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

thanks admins!

I've noticed how much better things are now with the "new" log in procedures. It actually remembers me for a while (haven't been off the forum for a day or more lately, so don't know how it works with a longer period between accessing).

I know everyone there caught a whole lot of flack from all of us (I was one of them) for it not remembering when things first started out. It's been a subtle change and I wonder how many have actually noticed.

I did.

Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: thanks admins!

Agree, The re-login happens about when it should, but not too often. Excellent.

I only worry about more vBulletin hacks. It is bad with the software vendor gets hacked, right? OTOH, pushing the authentication to an external provider probably mitigates that issue - excellent architecture decision.

squakie is offline Chocolate-Covered Ubuntu Beans
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hey, on that login idea, what happens when you change you email address? Do you change it in the forums first, then change it at the other after that?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by squakie View Post
    Hey, on that login idea, what happens when you change you email address? Do you change it in the forums first, then change it at the other after that?
    Once you've associated with SSO then changing the address here or at SSO shouldn't make any difference. So do what you will
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here