Thread: What games could run on a 2009 Intel Celeron?

Beans

What games could run on a 2009 Intel Celeron?

Hello. Im new to the forums. I have a quick question for you guys.

I know gaming is not a strong point for my processor, but I'd like to know if there are any fun games that would work with my computer.

I have a Mobile Intel 965 Graphics Card and a 2009 Intel Celeron Mobile Processor.

Much regards.

Beans

Re: What games could run on a 2009 Intel Celeron?

Are you talking about a PC or a notebook? If you talk about a pc consider to spent a bit of money on a dedicaded card and for less then 100 € you can almost play every linux games (at least at low like Metro: Last Light). The processor in general is not the biggest issue for most of the available linux games.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You could perhaps extrapolate using benchmarks which games you can play. The
    Try running the following:
    1. glmark2 --> Older 3D games
    2. GPUTest benchmark tests http://www.geeks3d.com/gputest/
    3. I would say all the Unigine tests as a minimum to ensure you can play more modern games, however I'm not sure if that Intel iGPU can cater for it. Give it a shot though if you have the time. (via Phoronix)

Beans

As far as I know that iGPU is kind of slow. The same one is included in the notebook of my girlfriend. That one is not able to play e.g. Trine 2@low@720p. That would mean any modern games that depend on a decent GPU wouldn't run. Games that doesn't depend on the GPU will, like LIMBO or Beat Hazard.