Thread: Computer shuts down at 20% battery

Beans

Computer shuts down at 20% battery

Hi,

I'm currently using ubuntu 13.10 and everything has been working quite nicely so far until now. I recently noticed that my computer shuts down at 20% battery for no apparent reason. I checked the critical bat. level with dconf but it indicated 3% as the critical level. So I didn't think it was due to that setting. Can anyone help me with this cuz 20% is a lot of wasted juice.

Thanks in advance,

Beans

Re: Computer shuts down at 20% battery

it might be caused of the battery is defective, is it new?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Computer shuts down at 20% battery

Check the BIOS and see what the battery shutdown level is. If your current battery is shutting down at 20% then set your warnings at 25%. How old is the battery?
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans

Angry Re: Computer shuts down at 20% battery

Quote Originally Posted by tgalati4 View Post
    Check the BIOS and see what the battery shutdown level is. If your current battery is shutting down at 20% then set your warnings at 25%. How old is the battery?

I have the same problem on my computer HP4530s, no problem with Bios cause with ubuntu 12.04 it didn t happen, I checked battery and seem also good.
    With Ubuntu 12.04 and installation of driver for radeon cards, I was able to have 3,5H on battery, now using ubuntu 13.10 and also after installing AMDCCCLE maximum power is 2H and i can t use the last 20 min cause at 20% it shutdowns itself...

Please Help!!!!!