Thread: Serious Display Issue

Beans

Serious Display Issue

I recently noticed that there is a wrinkle on my screen. And when I navigate to a dark website, or look at a a dark image, I can see some of my desktop icons THROUGH whatever I'm looking at. I have a Linux, and a Windows(for gaming, nothing else), and I noticed this on my Windows OS. I will go check and see if it is just Windows or not, but please respond quickly, as it's really bothering me. By the way, I'm pretty sure it's not actually SEEING through the image, because I deleted one of the brighter icons, and the wrinkle with some icons never changed. I already tried rebooting the computer, and I can't find anything close to this online.

Please help, Nick

Beans

Re: Serious Display Issue

It has been confirmed....this "image of some of my icons, and a wrinkle", is appearing on both Linux, and Windows. This confirms that something burned into my screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Then the only way to solve it is finding a new monitor.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

If it is an LCD/TFT monitor we are talking about then you could try some of the burn in fixers you can find on the nets (sites, youtube vids, apps, etc); e.g. search for "burn in fixer" or similar terms.