Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues I got so far in Trusty

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Issues I got so far in Trusty

Greetings,
    Well! regarding OP's Log-in issue, I just got a unity-greeter update so perhaps that part is fixed..or not.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Greetings,
    Well the greeter still needs more work, more saucy than trusty.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pnarciso View Post
    Sporadic disappearing mouse cursor.

Ubuntu not logging in automatically, it boots to unity greeter, and I have to manually login. This also happens sporadically.

Plugin indicators crash, or won't show up (gear icon, time).

Sometimes, when login out and login in, I get on my upper left corner some error messages related to Xorg.
    I reported that login bug for Saucy:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1245915

I've added some Trusty info to the bug report.

But I see that lightdm's files have changed so I probably need to try a fresh install when the time feels right
    Last edited by kansasnoob; November 14th, 2013 at 05:54 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by rrnbtter View Post
    Greetings,
    Well! regarding OP's Log-in issue, I just got a unity-greeter update so perhaps that part is fixed..or not.
    The reason why I have NOT had the Login Issue is most likely due to the fact that I always use Prompt for Password with Home Folder Encryption by the way just in case anyone is wondering why I have NOT had that problem.
    Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
    Dell Inspiron 400 HD Desktop with a 120 GB Crucial SSD and Lubuntu 14.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kevpan8152 View Post
    The reason why I have NOT had the Login Issue is most likely due to the fact that I always use Prompt for Password with Home Folder Encryption by the way just in case anyone is wondering why I have NOT had that problem.
    Whenever I use Windows 8.1 it Automaticly Requires a Password so I do the same with Ubuntu.
    Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
    Dell Inspiron 400 HD Desktop with a 120 GB Crucial SSD and Lubuntu 14.04.

Chanath is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    I always use the dev releases, and I'll move on to the next one as soon as I can. I like playing with them, bugs or no. In fact, it's been so long since I've actually used a "stable" release, I'm not even sure how they work any more.
    Me too!
    I don't have any hickups to report yet. I didn't have any in the 13.10 testing too, but got something in the final release. The, I moved to TT. Wiating to see what they going to do with Ubuntu Browser and Unity8.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by kevpan8152 View Post
    I login with a PW also, hence I also don't have the problem. However there is a detectable double login page with a quick flash in between the two pages. I expect that this error is where the problem occurs. The PW request stops the script.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Chanath View Post
    Me too!
    I don't have any hickups to report yet. I didn't have any in the 13.10 testing too, but got something in the final release. The, I moved to TT. Wiating to see what they going to do with Ubuntu Browser and Unity8.
    Xubuntu has been pretty solid too.

To be clear, I need to add a word to my comment on using dev releases, and I'll edit my original post...

I always use the dev releases, and I'll move on to the next one as soon as I can. I like playing with them, bugs or no. In fact, it's been so long since I've actually used a "stable" release, I'm not even sure how well they work any more.
    I certainly know how they work, just not how bug free they are when they are released.
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; November 14th, 2013 at 01:47 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    Xubuntu has been pretty solid too....
    Much the same here, though this morning I got a gpu lockup. Non responsive - then switches to a tty - with gpu lockup errors, then complete garbage, then reboot at wall ... nouveau

Seems I can't get apport to play ball yet, though that might be it's not switched on properly.

Need to install nvidia see if that deals with the gpu issue.

The gtk3 indicators appear to have stabilised in trusty, in saucy at times panle needed a restart.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Much the same here, though this morning I got a gpu lockup. Non responsive - then switches to a tty - with gpu lockup errors, then complete garbage, then reboot at wall ... nouveau

Seems I can't get apport to play ball yet, though that might be it's not switched on properly.

Need to install nvidia see if that deals with the gpu issue.

The gtk3 indicators appear to have stabilised in trusty, in saucy at times panle needed a restart.
    I can't help with any Nvidia testing. My test box is a T400 with an onboard Intel chip set.

I reloaded a couple of days ago, and haven't gotten around to add the GTK 3 indicators again, but, they were working fine up till then (as I indicated with a fairly recent post and screenshot).

Haven't had anything to report lately, but, when I do, I'll keep an eye on apport as a follow-up to your comment, though I'm pretty careful when and if I use apport. If I know that there have been a lot of comments, I generally don't pile on.

During the development release we already collect thousands of crash reports, much more than we can ever fix.
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Apport

I have been occasionally getting some odd looking windows borders. This started back with 13.10. I have tried to take a screenshot to post and report, but, every time I open the screenshot program, it clears up the borders on the window that is affected.
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; November 18th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast