can't boot from any USB xubuntu iso
My problem is quite simple, I would like to install xubuntu 12.04.3 , 64bits,
but I just can't boot from any USB xubuntu iso
I need your help as i actually spent 10+ hours burning differents ISO trying to figure out what is wrong.
Some facts :
- My computer accept 64bits ( already have windows7_64 and manjaro_64 )
- In the same time, my laptop has been able to boot on several other Live OS : ( Fedora / Ubuntu / Manjaro )
and can probably boot on others OS too.
- All these ISO, including the faulty xubuntu one, can boot on my Desktop computer, so it's only my laptop
- I tried downloading the xubuntu ISO from 5 differents mirror.
- My faulty xubuntu ISO can be used under virtualbox without problems
- I tried Burning the xubuntu ISO with : Unetbootin(both linux and windows version) / pendrive ( windows ) / LiLi usb creator ( windows )
and all failed to work.
- Both "Desktop" and "Alternate" ISO, 32 or 64 bits versions, failed.
It seems like my laptop just hate xubuntu, do you have any suggestions ?
( I can consider installing ubuntu and switching to xfce4 later, but i prefer doing it properly if possible )
I hope i was clear enough,
thanks you for your help,
Edit: for some reasons i think i just posted in the Forum Section i was browsing instead of the Installation&Upgrades One,
i'm sorry for that ...
Last edited by taykah1; November 12th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
Re: can't boot from any USB xubuntu iso
What errors are you getting? The other distros, did you use a live usb as well or did you burn them on cd/dvd? Have you tried xubuntu on cd/dvd?