I installed Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 on my computer, but it isn't reading video or audio CD's and DVD's. At first, I inserted a DVD video, and it played normally for maybe 30-45 seconds before coming up with a "internal data flow error". I was using the Totem player when the problem occurred, so I tried installing the VLC media player. It wouldn't read the disc at all, so I uninstalled the player. Now, the Totem player won't even begin playing the DVD. The player sometimes doesn't even open up when I insert the DVD, and other times it will but says it can't read it. I've tried several different DVD's and CD's with similar results. The computer is recognizing the optical drive, because when I open "Files", it shows the drive and the disc, but can't play it. I've tried all the usual ideas, like installing VLC, encryption libraries, region codes, etc. The error that comes up is "internal data flow error". I can't believe no one else has been having this problem! I've had this issue every time I install 13.10 on a computer, in both Unity and Gnome desktops. It's been the same thing with 3 or 4 different computers. Previously, I ran Ubuntu 13.04 with the Gnome desktop installed from the software center, and I had no issues. Any help is appreciated!