Thread: Latest Flightgear, can't enable auto d/l of scenery

Beans

Latest Flightgear, can't enable auto d/l of scenery

Hey Everyone,

So when I open up flight gear. I choose to go to Denver. All that I see is just water. I understand this is normal and the scenery should load shortly. However after leaving it there for an hour I'm still on the water. I checked the scenery download under environment and its unchecked for auto d/l. I also cannot check this for the life of me to tell it to yes d/l the scenery. I installed Flightgear from their PPA with no issues. If anyone has any tips I can try for this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your assistance.
    Ubuntu on every computer in my house

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Latest Flightgear, can't enable auto d/l of scenery

I'm having the same problem. No solution yet? I'm still looking, but no luck so far.

Beans

If you launch Flight Gear from a terminal, does it display any errors related to loading scenery objects (or any errors in general)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I use 2.99 GIT for Flightgear with FGRUN. http://wiki.flightgear.org/Scripted_..._Debian/Ubuntu

Works fine, I think to have clicked somewhere in fgrun for sceneries download. Google for the wiki should be the easiest.