Thread: Cannot copy files to Nexus 5

Beans

Cannot copy files to Nexus 5

Trying to copy about 1GB of files from my hard drive to my Nexus 5 via Nautilus.
    Firstly it is painfully slow progress and after over 2 hours it was well under halfway done.
    Secondly certain files/folders keep failing with this error:
    Code:
    libmtp error: Could not send object info
    I also had exactly the same problem copying files to my Nexus 4 before that.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Cannot copy files to Nexus 5

I had to load a PPA version to get my N4 device recognized at all under 12.04. Which Ubuntu and do any files get copied?
    Encryption on the device? Does it lock before finished?

Beans

Ubuntu 13.10, no encryption and no doesn't lock.
    Some files do get copied other don't but even having problems with the ones that do copy.
    For example, a few photos. videos and some other bits and bobs appear to have copied and appear on the Nexus according to Nautilus but when I look on the Nexus itself they aren't there.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Have you tried a different machine, USB port, USB cable?

On my box, I have issues with long copies ... but it appears to be related to any copy over about 10 minutes. If I split up the rsync, all is fine.

Is there anything useful in the logfiles?

BTW, I really hate that there isn't another SD memory slot on my Nexus - something that wouldn't need to use the MTP crap.

Beans

Tried different ports and cables, not another computer as the only other one to hand is a chromebook.

Thanks anyway, I was hoping there might be a known issue with an easy workaround.
    I just can't be bothered troubleshooting things with ubuntu anymore, always seems to let me down when I actually need it so I will find some other way.