Thread: Ubuntu One Control Panel won't open

Beans

Ubuntu One Control Panel won't open

I installed Ubuntu 13.10 on two different PCs, and both of them (Asus Zenbook UX31E laptop and a desktop) got the same problem with Ubuntu One Control Panel; it won't start. I even logged inn during install, but I can't open the Ubuntu One client. Since I'm already logged in the Ubuntu One-folder is syncing, but the rest of the folders are not selected and can't be accessed.

I've created a bug report, but no activity in two weeks: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone...l/+bug/1244314

When I try to run it in terminal from the desktop I get:

Code:
    per-olav@desktop-13:~$ ubuntuone-control-panel-qt
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/ubuntuone-control-panel-qt", line 34, in <module>
        main.main(sys.argv, install_reactor_darwin=True)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel/ubuntuone/controlpanel/gui/qt/main/__init__.py", line 161, in main
        installer=installer)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel/ubuntuone/controlpanel/gui/qt/gui.py", line 137, in start
        installer=installer)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel/ubuntuone/controlpanel/gui/qt/gui.py", line 49, in __init__
        self.ui.setupUi(self)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel/ubuntuone/controlpanel/gui/qt/ui/mainwindow_ui.py", line 51, in setupUi
        self.control_panel = ControlPanel(self.centralwidget)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel/ubuntuone/controlpanel/gui/qt/ubuntuonebin.py", line 39, in __init__
        self.ui.setupUi(self)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel/ubuntuone/controlpanel/gui/qt/ui/controlpanel_ui.py", line 166, in setupUi
        self.wizard = UbuntuOneWizard()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel/ubuntuone/controlpanel/gui/qt/wizard.py", line 179, in __init__
        self.confirm_dialog = AreYouSure(self)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel/ubuntuone/controlpanel/gui/qt/wizard.py", line 91, in __init__
        ARE_YOU_SURE_HELP.format(support_url=link))
    IndexError: tuple index out of range
    Anyone experienced the same problem, or have a clue what to do? I removed everything and installed Ubuntu One again, but it didn't help.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu One Control Panel won't open

yes, same here. Fresh install on a HP laptop and in Virtualbox. Syncing is working, but I am not able to open the damn thing.

Rune

Beans

Same here 32 bit version 13.10.
    Software ware centre lists 2 copies of the control panel both the same and both crash on loading. I made sure I was not installing both copies
    Phil

Beans

Anyone found a solution ?
    Cause I am having the exact problem. Running fresh install of 13.10 64bit. I did not log in under installation, so I am not being able to use the ubuntu one at all. The cloud icon do shows up in system icons in the corner, abd allows me to use it, but I still cant open the control panel, and being able to login or whatever..thanks for any help!

Beans

No, I have no idea. I even tried it from the start again and reinstalled Ubuntu 13.10 (64-bit here too), but it didn't work. This time I didn't login to Ubuntu One, so no sync. I found out that if you login to the Software Center it will start sync the Ubuntu One folder. Still, it's not a solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If you're still having difficulties with Ubuntu One after reinstalling, it may be worth your while getting in touch with the Ubuntu One directly using the Contact form on the website. Note: they're not the fastest at responding.
    Please, people, remember to BACKUP before you install that new system. Same if you're upgrading.

Beans

The bug report has found the problem, and a workaround is to change language back to english. See here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone...l/+bug/1244314

Beans

Hi.
    Will there be a fix for this in 13.10? Anyone?
    It pretty annoying, to put it mildly.

Rune

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

It seems there's a fix already. Please read the latest comments on the bug report (link above in post #7).
    You just need to do the usual updates, the fix is in the language pack.
    Galiza Nação!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Vladlenin5000 View Post
    It seems there's a fix already. Please read the latest comments on the bug report (link above in post #7).
    You just need to do the usual updates, the fix is in the language pack.
    There seems to be a fix for 14.04 but there is no update availible for 13.10, as far as I can see.