Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How was it tested?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How was it tested?

To add to what coffeecat said, gnome seems to be really slow when it comes to fixing bugs. I submitted a bug in the network utilities package about 4 years ago, and it took until just last year during the Raring testing cycle before a fix was released.

As for helping solve a problem, most of the testing and QA team members are pretty determined when it comes to tracking down a problem. The last major bug I reported during the Saucy cycle had me install 4 different kernels in order to track down the problem, and check to see if if the problem was solved when the kernel team came up with a solution. It took a little longer for the fix to be released then I expected, but it was close to the end of the development cycle, and a SRU had to be applied in order to get the fix in before Saucy was released.

I'm currently running Trusty as my day-to-day OS, and I'm looking forward to finding as many bugs as possible before release in April 2014.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How was it tested?

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post

I'm currently running Trusty as my day-to-day OS, and I'm looking forward to finding as many bugs as possible before release in April 2014.

As always, thanks for your persistence and dedication to Ubuntu.

Regards..
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running W. Werewolf /dev/@ 4.05GHz64bit/ onE8400 Core2Duo-Wolfdale+Howler

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456