Thread: Need help after trying to change email address

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Need help after trying to change email address

Oh dear, I appear to have messed things up.

I'm migrating away from the email address I originally registered with. The new email has already been added to my Launchpad account and Ubuntu One's SSO (but I can't remember if I set it as preferred). I attempted to add the new one via my forums Settings > edit email and password, but it wanted me to activate my account. Since I already have an account I didn't take that step, but I've lost my avatar and privileges (to re-add the avatar).

Help would very much be appreciated!

Beans
    Distro

Re: Need help after trying to change email address

I don't see that I can edit so here's this

1 - yes, my SSO is associated with new email but subscriptions and PMs still go to the old email
    2 - I read Elfy's sticky and fear I do not actually qualify for help here under the guidelines.

I would be ever so grateful if someone could point me in the right direction to straighten out this mess of my own making.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

It's standard practice with forum software and the like for the user to have to re-activate their account from the verification email. You've been put into a restricted permissions usergroup until you re-activate your account.

Go to your inbox for the email account that you have just changed to in the forum and click on the link in the verification email. That should be all that is needed. Post again if you have any problems.

Changing the email in the forum doesn't affect SSO login, your Ubuntu One account, or the link from your Ubuntu One account to this forum account.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

I read Elfy's sticky and fear I do not actually qualify for help here under the guidelines.
    That sticky is about one specific issue that hundreds of people were/are having and is aimed at that only.

Everyone is qualified for help in here.

Beans
    Distro

Coffeecat and Elfy, thank you so much. I activated and all is well. Breathing a huge sigh of relief. The Ubuntu Forums is one of my favourite hang-outs.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers