Thread: 14.04 LightDM Splash Screen

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

14.04 LightDM Splash Screen

This is an image of my logon splash screen for a 14.04 partition. I believe that the info in the top left quadrant is from the /etc/hostname file, but where does LightDM get the infor for the lower left quadrant, which in this case is incorrect? This really is a Trusty partition.

Last edited by PJs Ronin; November 16th, 2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Solved

Beans

Re: where does LightDM get...

/usr/share/unity-greeter/logo.png

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: 14.04 LightDM Splash Screen

^^ ty

I guess sometime during the 14.04 cycle a new logo.png will avail... then again I might create my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by PJs Ronin View Post
    ^^ ty

I guess sometime during the 14.04 cycle a new logo.png will avail... then again I might create my own.
    So long as you keep the same name then however you edit logo.png it will appear on the login screen at that location. I have done this myself. It will get overwritten when the revised logo.png is pushed out to us. Oh, by the way, it will be a while before the Saucy Salamander wallpapers are replaced by the 14.04 wallpapers.
    Last edited by grahammechanical; November 16th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    Oh, by the way, it will be a while before the Saucy Salamander wallpapers are replaced by the 14.04 wallpapers.
    Once I started reading these Ubuntu+1 threads I became interested in getting on the bleeding edge bandwagon. I don't have the skills to do serious testing, but I do like to at least see where Ubuntu is going. I once made the mistake of doing a stupid "sudo yadda yadda ... " on my production partition, thinking it was the U+1 partition and came to all sorts of grief (thank the Great Pumpkin for backups) so I developed my own regime for wallpapers so I would always know where I am. Images of my cat (yeah, I'm a cat guy) for the current production partition, beach scenes for the U+1 partition and flowers for the previous production partition.

Has saved my butt on numerous occasions.