Thread: wine problem

Beans

wine problem

OK I now have Ubuntu 13.10 fully updated and Play on Linux installed along with wine, when I try downloading a game Play on Linux tells me I heed wine mono and it gives me the option to install it, when I try to install it it says it cant because the file is corrupted, is this a wine problem or am I doing something wrong?
    Keep in mind I am still really really new to Linux and I am terminal phobic ....still trying to figure that terminal thing out so I can install the game I have and love that DO run on Linux

Beans

Re: wine problem

Tell us the exact sequence or buttons, menus, commands, websites, links, etc. you do to get the error.

Tell us the exact error message, including all the cryptic stuff you don't understand. If you know how, show us a screenshot.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Moved to the Wine subforum.

Beans

Ian, here goes, first I start Play on Linux, then I click install, scroll down to World of tanks, click install, it doe the files needed for windows first then starts installing WOT, and a small grey windows box pops up saying wine mono needs to be installed, I click install and it tries then i get the problem, the box closed and play on Linux continues downloading and installing.

Toz.....thanks for moving this, I would have never found the proper place for it

Beans

You might look through the testing results in the linked WineHQ page to see if anything helps: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...tion&iId=11544
    Ubuntu 15.04 Mate, Mint 17.1; MS Win 8.1, Win10 TP.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

Thanks, I'll check those out an try to download and install one