Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS 7 Locked -Ubuntu 13.10

Beans

Re: iOS 7 Locked -Ubuntu 13.10

I had a USB stick running 11.10. when I got my iPhone 5 i could not USB tether.....Did a lot of googling and installed Linux Kernel 3.7.0 and walla I could USB tether again, even with IOS7 and IOS7.2.And just to be specific about this, I didn't need to hit the trust softkey. it would show up on the display after plugging the cabe into the phone and then imediatly go away.

I later wanted to install OpenOffice on it to handle some home-work while I'm at work. I couldn't get it to install on 11.10 so I upgraded to 12.04. I could still tether and Mount my iPhone 5 with IOS7. But ended up wrecking it and had to reinstall Ubuntu. That's when my mounting problems began. I've tried various ways to reload. Even went back to 11.10 with the 3.7.0 kernal and no dice. won't mount.........

SO i also have a laptop with 11.10 loaded on it as a dual boot. It stopped USB tethering when I went to the iPhone 5 as well (but didn't care much since I hardly tether with it). I installed 3.7.0 kernal on that older install of 11.10 and it automaticly connected and tethered.

For the life of me I cannot even recreate a USB stick with a fresh install that is exactly like the first load of 11.10 with the kernel upgraded to 3.7.0 that will tether let alone mount my iPhone........I have a threat started in the networking section and a lot of people viewed it but zero help.

I'm afraid to upgrade my laptop to a newer Ubuntu version or a newer 3.8.0 kernel because i do need to bring it to work for other home things and want USB tether rather then HotSpot where my SSID is brodcasted.

Edit: I already had the 5 Libimobile* files installed on the USB stick and my LapTop to tether with my iPhone 3s. I even installed those files again and nothing different.
    Last edited by Eugene King; November 8th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by suhongdoan View Post
    --------------------

This is weird. It works for me and stop ask for any confirm. It used to ask me before with 13.04. I didn't even install any libi at all. I have IPhone 5 and latest IOS7. This is my work laptop E6530, Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit in place upgrade to 13.10 a few days ago. This is work, so I don't install a lot stuffs and hardly plug it in this laptop

--------------------

I just plugged in my work desktop Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS and have exactly what you guys have and keep asking for Trust/Don't Trust. This one didn't even install any libi at all.

--------------------

I tried last night with my home desktop with Ubuntu Desktop 12.04.3 LTS, had installed libi and have exactly what you guys have and it works after confirmed Trust.

shd
    I'm happy to hear that iOS 7 does indeed work with your devices. However, have you tested your devices on 13.10?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by xjustinpagex View Post
    I'm happy to hear that iOS 7 does indeed work with your devices. However, have you tested your devices on 13.10?
    I'm plugging in right now and I can copy out the pictures. This is all I do with the IPhone5 and Ubuntu, nothing else at all because it's company’s phone and I have no privileges to tether, hotspot or anything else...

shd

Beans

iOS7.0.4 just loaded and still no joy............

Beans

I can go into shotwell and import pictures from the phone.....

And when you klick on the network status it shows wired network (Apple iPhone) grayed out and not selectable

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene King View Post
    I can go into shotwell and import pictures from the phone.....

And when you klick on the network status it shows wired network (Apple iPhone) grayed out and not selectable
    iOS 7.04 still no luck. Shotwell sees my iphone and and initiates an import sequence but nothing occurs. Very frustrating.

Last edited by kylakemike; November 17th, 2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: typo

Beans

Lightbulb Re: iOS 7 Locked -Ubuntu 13.10

I am out here and I am also feeling the pain...

Beans

Hi all,

Ok something very weird is going on. Initially I was able to mount ios 7.0.4 with no problems. Then for some reason it just stopped mounting and got into that infinite trust loop like OP has. Then I tried installing and reinstalling libimobiledevice libraries(libimobiledevice3, libimobiledevice4, libimobiledevice-dev, libimobiledevice-utils) with no luck and something in between got corrupted because after rebooting I was not able to login into the desktop. And as far as I can say, thankfully, because it forced me to purge and reinstall ubuntu-desktop and compiz. I simply presed ctrl+alt+f1 and did the following
    Code:
    sudo service lightdm stop
    sudo apt-get purge ubuntu-desktop* unity* compiz* compiz-* -y
    sudo rm -vfr compiz* compiz-*
    sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop unity compiz
    sudo service lightdm start
    After following through this I managed to login to desktop, then plugged in my ipad and for a change got an error: "Unhandled Lockdown error (-20)". After that the device did not disappear from the list and I just clicked it from nautillus sidebar and everything mounted automatically...

Not sure if it will work for others, but it did work for my configuration and in my particular situation.

Beans

I just installed updates on my Lubuntu 12.04 USB stick and now I'm able to USB cord tether. It only lasts about a Minute then I loose my "Wired Connection 2" But its progress.....

My Phone shows I connected VIA "personel hotspot" all the time even when I get the "wired network disconected" message.

So there is some Joy......
    Last edited by Eugene King; December 8th, 2013 at 07:00 AM.

Beans

I just installed updated on mu Lubuntu 12.04 USB stick and now I'm able to USB cord tether. It only lasts about a Minute then I loose my "Wired Connection 2" But its progress.....

My Phone shows I connected VIA "personel hotspot" all the time even when I get the "wired network disconected" message.

It is not showing up as being mounted though

So there is some Joy......

Wish I could delete this double post........
    Last edited by Eugene King; December 8th, 2013 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Double Post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast