Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metro: Last Light is out for LINUX NOW! Get it while it's nice and hot! ;)

Beans

Metro: Last Light is out for LINUX NOW! Get it while it's nice and hot! ;)

Metro: Last Light - out for LINUX now!

It is the year 2034.Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour. Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour
    ©THQ

I just wanted to let you know, that one of the maybe best (in terms of athmosphere and graphics) games for LINUX hast just been released! I am soooooooo excited to play it on Linux now. Find out what it's all about yourself by surfing Wikipedia or just buy it!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/43160/

• Requirements for Linux

Minimum:

• Processor: Dual Core CPU (2.2+ GHz Dual Core CPU or better)
      • Memory: 2 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
      • Hard Drive: 10 GB available space

• Recommended:

• Processor: Any Quad Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual Core CPU
      • Memory: 2 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVidia Geforce GTX 680MX with 1GB
      • Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
    Last edited by cRaZyBisCuiT; November 6th, 2013 at 01:04 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Metro: Last Light is out for LINUX NOW! Get it while it's nice and hot! ;)

wish I had a better rig, currently only have a C2D E4300 OC'd to 2.4Ghz with 2GB DDRII 577 RAM and an 8400GS OC'd to 520Mhz from 460Mhz. I think i'll wait till I get a better rig.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

AWESOME!!!!!!
    The linux gaming revolution has truly started! If I'm not mistaken this is the first current-gen, non-valve, AAA FPS, game on Steam for linux!

Buying it now...

EDIT-UPDATE: Downloading...
    Last edited by DanglingPointer; November 5th, 2013 at 06:51 AM.

Beans

I enjoyed the first game, this one looks pretty good as well. Honestly it is really nice that there are more "AAA" games running natively.
    Natural Selection 2 and Dota 2 have been great fun so far though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Thumbs up Re: Metro: Last Light is out for LINUX NOW! Get it while it's nice and hot! ;)

Some pretty serious games (and no, not all of them are first-person shooters) have come out this year for Linux, making 2013, as I so presciently predicted early this year, The Year Of Linux Gaming. And 2014 looks even brighter. Finally our favorite platform is gettng the attention it deserves.

Mad props to Gabe Newell, of course, along with all the developers.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

this sucks. I rushed to ubuntu forums in the hopes of being the first to post about this game.

You sir have defeated me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Woohoo!

By the way, the Linux info and requirements have been uploaded.

Beans

for those who have bought this game, does it work a multi monitor setups, ie does it span all screens, I have a tripple monitor setup and have not found a decient game for linux that works accross all 3 screen.

if it does span all 3 screens i will be buying this games. ps if it work on a dual monitor system it will almost deffo work on 3

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton87 View Post
    for those who have bought this game, does it work a multi monitor setups, ie does it span all screens, I have a tripple monitor setup and have not found a decient game for linux that works accross all 3 screen.

if it does span all 3 screens i will be buying this games. ps if it work on a dual monitor system it will almost deffo work on 3
    This is a driver related issue, isn't it? What hardware and driver (version) + OS + kernel are you running on?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

cool. too bad my hardware will have problem processing this...
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast