Thread: Ubuntu One problem on WIN8

Beans

Ubuntu One problem on WIN8

Hello guys,

I hope this is the correct section. I have a netbook with ubuntu 12 and a desktob with windows 8. I want to sync files between the 2 using Ubuntu One. Everything works fine except the following...

I use MS Office on Win8. I click the red x to close the file. It asks me to save it. I save it in a Documents subfolder which is synced using U One. Sometimes the file just after the Office windows closes is deleted and moved to the recycle bin. If watching at the folder while doing this procedure a .tmp file can be seen for a second (I think it's the one used for saving the document not yet saved while running Office and should be read only), and then the file disappears and goes in the bin.

Any idea?!

Thank you!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Ubuntu One problem on WIN8

hmm why would that be ubuntu one issue? could it be a bug in win8? or office?

i mean whgy would ubuntu one move anything to the bin? unless there is a setting in it that moves the file to the cloud rather than syncing it. even then with move command it shouldn't go to bin. strange if you ask me....
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans

Well, it only does it when using the U One synced folders, not in the normal ones, so...

Beans

Having the same problem here. Unfortunately, there seem not many people with the same problem.
    I am searching for a solution since several months, but no luck. BTW: I am having it on Win7 64-bits

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
    Sebastian

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

well it's is a strange thing to do indeed. i suggest posting about this as a bug on launchpad in ubuntu one section.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla