Thread: Flash-aid for firefox

Beans

Red face Flash-aid for firefox

I have been trying for a few months now to find the Flash-aid add-on for Firefox, but is is no longer available. As I am not the only one with this problem and I have, at last found version 2.2.3 xpi, which was the last version, I should like to post it here to make it available to all. To install, go to add-ons, click on the cogwheel and select "install manually". Done!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Flash-aid for firefox

Hello and Welcome

Flash-Aid is no longer useful because Flash development for Linux has ended . The 11.2 version will receive security updates via the update manager , but there is no new versions for Flash-Aid to send notifications about or install in Linux.

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/12/0...f-flash-player
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

I disagree. Flash-aid is very relavent. The latest versions of flash DO NOT work with firefox in linux. The only way to overcome this is to install an earlier version of flash player, or don't use flash!!! I, and many others in the linux community, have experienced this problem and no-matter what you try, (or what you say) the problem is there and won't magically disappear through "security updates". Since Adobe renounced linux, flash has not worked!!!!! I have tried all the "fixes" recommended by everyone I can find and the only viable solution I have found is to use Flash-Aid. If you know better, then tell the world of YOUR solution, and prove that it works!!!!!!

Beans

Code:
    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer

Beans
    Distro

Perhaps the installation method works better on your machine with Flash Aid, but you are not installing a different or newer version by using it . I have never had flash problems with Ubuntu since I began using it (9.10) . The developer of the add-on is a former staff member here and I used it while Adobe was providing updates because it allowed for the easy installation of development and new versions which no longer exist. Lovinglinux removed the add-on from the Mozilla page some time ago .

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1491268
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/flash-aid/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by sammiev View Post
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer
    Using the same thing and flash seems to work fine here. (Shrug.)
    Michael Nelson -=- AKA: Mopar1973Man

Beans

I know that "loving Linux" removed it from Mozilla add-on's some time ago, that is the problem!! You still have not answered my question. If you have a better solution to the flash problem, what is it and prove that it works. Otherwise thousands (or tens or hundreds of thousands) of people are left with no-other alternative than Flash-aid.
    None of the solutions suggested by adobe, other forums, or you , offer a solution. When you have a viable solution, please submit it, I shall be the first to try it.
    Cretin.1, B.Eng., M.B.A, M.I.E.E.E.

Beans
    Distro

I have installed from the software-center or by the command posted above. You are providing an add-on not tested on current versions of Firefox by the developer from an unknown source . There are potential security risks because the add-on is no longer in development.

Beans

I find the version from software center doesn't run as well on my machine as downloading it directly from Adobe and manually installing. I don't know why since they should be the same, but that is my experience.