Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High pitched HDMI audio output in my Galago in Ubuntu 13.10

Beans

Re: High pitched HDMI audio output in my Galago in Ubuntu 13.10

Just wanted to chime in and say that the problem's been fixed for me. Was probably a kernel bug or something: one of the past updates fixed it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by golfdiesel View Post
    What kind of HDMI audio issues? My Gazelle Pro does not output audio over HDMI in 13.10 but it does in 13.04 with the proper intel drivers.
    Yes, my Galago had problems with HDMI audio. One some TV/monitor it's typically fine, sometimes the audio is reeeeally low volume (if I max up the active speaker system, I'd hear the sound very faint). On one TV it just won't work anymore at all. I suspected some cached profile settings with wrong values in pulse or alsa, but never go anywhere. Will try a live CD on the "broken" screen to see if there's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by beru2 View Post
    Just wanted to chime in and say that the problem's been fixed for me. Was probably a kernel bug or something: one of the past updates fixed it.
    Confirmed, HDMI audio pitch is fine now.
    Set to be [SOLVED]?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by raphael-estrada View Post
    Yes, my Galago had problems with HDMI audio. One some TV/monitor it's typically fine, sometimes the audio is reeeeally low volume (if I max up the active speaker system, I'd hear the sound very faint). On one TV it just won't work anymore at all. I suspected some cached profile settings with wrong values in pulse or alsa, but never go anywhere. Will try a live CD on the "broken" screen to see if there's a difference.

Confirmed, HDMI audio pitch is fine now.
    Set to be [SOLVED]?
    Oddly enough, the problem happened again. I plugged the HDMI cable into my computer and, after about 15 minutes worth of tinkering with programs like XBMC and Steam Big Picture, something must have gone awry because the problem returned. I restarted the machine and it was gone, again. So, not necessarily solved, but not necessarily a huge problem. I'll troubleshoot it some more if it happens again.

Beans

Yup, happening again here, too.

That would've been too easy, right?

Beans

I'm beginning to realize what a clusterf*** audio on Ubuntu seems to be... so many moving bits, no idea what's going on here.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by raphael-estrada View Post
    I'm beginning to realize what a clusterf*** audio on Ubuntu seems to be... so many moving bits, no idea what's going on here.
    As I said earlier, I'm on Arch. My audio stuff isn't that complex: I have ALSA and Pulseaudio. The problem is either with one of those, or the driver provided by the kernel.

Beans

This is still happening. Please let me know what to do here.

Beans

This is happening to me on Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 on Lenovo T440p

Beans

I am seeing this problem on a Dell XPS15 (the new Haswell QHD+ video model). Although I'm using Arch, I'm posting here are the symptoms are identical (and I use Ubuntu on my desktop ).

When using mpv to play a video, even if display is via HDMI, if sound is via the built-in speakers, the speed of video the pitch of the audio are normal. When pavucontrol is used to switch audio to HDMI, the video playback speeds up a little and pitch is raised. This happens *both* on 3.13 and 3.14 kernels, and the same Intel driver (I'm not using the nvidia card).

It is a fairly serious problem, and should get attention, where where should it go to, as my guess is that it's upstream, either with kernel or xf86-video??

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by isantop View Post
    I haven't seen this issue specifically. I'm waiting on a response from the system engineer to see if he knows anything, and I'll be doing individual testing this weekend.

Galapago Ultra Pro. Ubuntu 13.10. I have the same issue. HDMI audio sounds like the chipmunks.

any news on this issue?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast