Thread: Lost account access

Beans

Lost account access

I seem to have the same problem as loads of other users, my old ubuntu forums account was this:http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=336908And I was pretty sure that it was linked to the email I used to create the SSO-login account, but it was not and now I ended up with a new account and no possibility to log in to my old one.Is it possible to send out a mail to the old account so I know which mail it is connected to?And as I already have a SSO-login with a different mail address, how will I be able to login to my old account?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Lost account access

I sent an email to the address you used when you created your original account.

Beans

Ah, that email account seems to be inactive. I know which one it is, because I use the same login email for launchpad.net.I can try to reset the password for the old mail, but I doubt that it will work.Is it possible to verify me in some different way? I know all the credentials for the old account(spydon).

Beans

Seems like I've been able to restore the mail account, could you send a new mail please?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I resent the email.

Beans

Okay, so I answered to your mail, but how do I get access to the old account?My SSO-login is already connected to another mail.Or should I do a new SSO-login with the old email and then change the mail to the one connected to this one?

Beans

So now I managed to log in to the SSO account that was connected to the other mail, seems like SSO have imported all the accounts from launchpad? But now I need to delete this account so I can connect my real mail to the other account(spydon), but I can't find any option to delete an account...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I've disable this account, and changed the email address to a random string, so you should be able to change the email on your original account to your gmail address.