Thread: Change my username to old user

Beans

Change my username to old user

Hi,

My old user is Xalu, it's the same email address so not sure why the system gave me this random username. If you can, please change it to the old one.

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Change my username to old user

No it isn't the same email. The email in the xalu account has an optonline domain. You used a gmail to login from Ubuntu One. And the reason the system assigned a random string as your username is that you opted not to share your Ubuntu One name when you logged in.

Is the optonline email still active? That is, will you be able to set it as preferred in your Ubuntu One account?
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Oh okay. I could have sworn it was this email, but I guess that makes sense since I joined here long before I had this email. Unfortunately I do not have access anymore. The email was with optimum online (cable company) and I no longer live there. So they deleted the account.

Is there anyway to get it back? Otherwise I guess I'll pick out a new one. Just like to have my statistics back. There's no way to just login with the user/pass I had before right?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Yes, no problem. PM me with the exact optonline email address - as a security check. Then I'll transfer the gmail to the xalu account, disable this account and unlink it from Ubuntu One, after which logging into the forum from Ubuntu One will take you to the xalu account. The only password of relevance now is your Ubuntu One password. The forum passwords are no longer used and were randomised after the security breach.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.