Thread: Airport Extreme Utility software

Beans

Angry Airport Extreme Utility software

Hi there.

I am using my Apple Airport extreme router as an access point, so far so good.

The only thing I am frustrated at is alhough the airport utility software EXE file installs though WINE with no problems none of the installed utilities run. If I right click on APUtil.exe and ask WINE to run it nothing happens. I have installed everything to do with WINE though the UBUNTU software centre.

I read on google people are able to get the airport extreme utility to run. What am I doing wrong?

Running Ubuntu 12.04 x64
    WINE 1.4

Frustraintly

Andy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Airport Extreme Utility software

You should always check the WineHQ website for the app rating before you install it -- to save wasted effort. The WineHQ page for your app indicates a Garbage rating -- meaning it is NOT going to work: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=3405
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

Re: Airport Extreme Utility software

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    You should always check the WineHQ website for the app rating before you install it -- to save wasted effort. The WineHQ page for your app indicates a Garbage rating -- meaning it is NOT going to work: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=3405
    Thanks... I was guessing it would be uncompatable - abit like a lot of stuff from Apple

Great kit if your in the club but....