Thread: CAD-Schroer Medusa4 license renewal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

CAD-Schroer Medusa4 license renewal

I just renewed my license for Medusa4 and can't get the app to start.
    CAD-Schroer does not provide support to free-of-charge, personal users, so I'm asking here first.

It informs me that my license has expired and asks me to choose a new one. I renamed the old license file, pointed Medusa4 at the new license file, but get the same message.

There must be somebody here who has used Medusa4, as I remember there was some interest in the app in several CAD threads…
    Ubuntu 12.04LTS Intel Q9650 SLB8W @ 3.0GHz :: 8 GByte RAM
    640 GBytes of discs :: DVD burner :: BluRay burner
    Mixed ethernet, WiFi and CPL networking :: 2 TByte NAS :: Network Printing :: Raspbian and MacOS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: CAD-Schroer Medusa4 license renewal

Fixed it myself…

After trying everything I could think of (putting the license file in different places, looking for the license manager daemon), I had an epiphany.

Medusa4 has gone up from version 5.0 to 5.1.2 since I last used it. It looks as if the new license file I got was not compatible with the older version of the software.

Now that I have downloaded and installed 5.1.2, and pointed this version at the new license file, it starts up just fine.
    Ubuntu 12.04LTS Intel Q9650 SLB8W @ 3.0GHz :: 8 GByte RAM
    640 GBytes of discs :: DVD burner :: BluRay burner
    Mixed ethernet, WiFi and CPL networking :: 2 TByte NAS :: Network Printing :: Raspbian and MacOS