Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: [ubuntu] Macbook Pro 11,1 (2013 Haswell Retina)

Beans

Re: [ubuntu] Macbook Pro 11,1 (2013 Haswell Retina)

Also, it's been a while since I've used Linux, but scrolling in Chromium seems to be hugely jerky, even though I've ticked all the options in about:flags?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rich-midwinter View Post
    Has anyone else suffered with this? I can't seem to configure EFI / use EFI / do anything EFI related.

Code:
    $ sudo efibootmgr 
    Fatal: Couldn't open either sysfs or procfs directories for accessing EFI variables.
    Try 'modprobe efivars' as root.
    (Yes, I've tried the modprobe.)
    You could try to boot into a live CD (or USB). If the error goes away in a live CD environment, it means you don't have hardware problem and you may configure EFI using live CD or reinstall your OS.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lichun1668 View Post
    You could try to boot into a live CD (or USB). If the error goes away in a live CD environment, it means you don't have hardware problem and you may configure EFI using live CD or reinstall your OS.
    Thanks. I've had the same issue booting from USB. Does that mean something's bust?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rich-midwinter View Post
    Thanks. I've had the same issue booting from USB. Does that mean something's bust?
    I am sorry to hear that. I think something may be wrong on your hardware. But if the OS runs great and you forget about tweaking EFI, then enjoy it.

Beans

Just my luck.

It doesn't run particularly well, I'd hoped booting from EFI might affect that. Battery life is about 3 hours instead of 10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I followed the instructions at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro11-1/Saucy and successfully installed 14.04 on my MBP 11,2 a couple days ago.

Short version: Sleep/suspend do not work. The computer does not freeze, it simply does not do anything when the lid is closed or when I run pm-sleep/pm-suspend

Long version: After the initial install I tried closing the lid to see what would happen; the computer went to sleep, and when I opened the lid again the keyboard backlight came on but the screen didn't. I ended up doing a hard shutdown because the computer wouldn't respond to anything. I've seen this issue mentioned in some other threads. After rebooting and trying again, the computer did wake up after ~5-10 seconds, which I've also seen mentioned a few times. I hadn't applied the 99_myfix fix for the wifi yet so I went ahead and did that, as well as installing some updates that were available. After rebooting, sleep/suspend do not work at all. The computer does not freeze, but it looks like it tries to sleep and then fails. When I close the lid the apple logo will go dark for about a second and then light up again. Upon opening the lid I'm greeted by the lock screen (fully functional, not frozen). Nothing happens if I run pm-sleep or pm-suspend in a terminal, the screen doesn't even go dark.

Should I try installing a newer kernel?
    Don't forget to give thanks and mark your thread as solved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Pretty sure that the nouveau video driver can't cope with sleep yet on a Mac (or it couldn't last time I tried it).
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    Pretty sure that the nouveau video driver can't cope with sleep yet on a Mac (or it couldn't last time I tried it).
    In my case, I only have the Intel card.
    Don't forget to give thanks and mark your thread as solved

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by rainwalker View Post
    In my case, I only have the Intel card.
    Bump.

Is there any solution for suspend on the 11.1 Macbook Pro? As rainwalker says, it uses Intel Iris graphics, not Nvidia.
    Currently I get a completely black screen when I select suspend or close the lid. Nothing "wakes" it back up.
    Would really like for this to work.

Beans

Macbook pro 11,3 here with Ubuntu 14.04 and suspend not woking like most others. Kjano or anyone, pleeeease tell us what magic is to be performed to get suspend working?

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast