Thread: Sorry if this sounds like a add but there is a Ubuntu laptop for $200 (USA)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Sorry if this sounds like a add but there is a Ubuntu laptop for $200 (USA)

Newegg has this is there shell shocker sales today, those are on the sites front page
    i get the prices in advance cause i am on the email alert list for shell shocker sales
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834231118
    Available from 1:00PM - 2:59PM PT (4:00PM - 5:59PM EST / 3:00PM - 4:59PM CST) 10/30/2013 (MM/DD/YYYY) for $199.99 shipped

be nice if it had a number keypad, but aside from that the specs look very usable, especially for 200
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Re: Sorry if this sounds like a add but there is a Ubuntu laptop for $200 (USA)

If I lived in the us i would defiantly buy 1 or 2 of them for my son and fiancée for less than £125 GBP bargain perfect little system for surfing the net streaming and college work and stuff you cannot complain at that hell if it was in the uk i would buy a few install win 8 and sell them on for a profit especially this time of year could sell them for £200 + that's $321 + for just changing an os which iv'e got loads of it says you can buy 5 a would if i was you nice little starter laptop's for someone.

Beans

I love the 12" form factor for portability and that Asus looks super nice for $200. If I didn't already have a thinkpad at that form factor and an older 9" eeepc, I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

Also, I bought a barebones eeebox at $200 to serve as my htpc not too long ago. Recently I noticed a similar unit being shipped with ubuntu, keyboard and mouse for $183 on newegg, although as an open box:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...883220294R&Tpk

^^ awesome deal

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

That is nice. i don't need yet another computer though.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by v1k1ng1001 View Post
    I love the 12" form factor for portability and that Asus looks super nice for $200. If I didn't already have a thinkpad at that form factor and an older 9" eeepc, I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

Also, I bought a barebones eeebox at $200 to serve as my htpc not too long ago. Recently I noticed a similar unit being shipped with ubuntu, keyboard and mouse for $183 on newegg, although as an open box:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...883220294R&Tpk

^^ awesome deal
    Those things are nice. I have one that I use as my secondary server. My main server (storage wise) has a pair of 3TB Reds in a mirror. Knowing full well that RAID isn't a 'backup' I rigged up a nettop nearly identical to that (500GB HDD inside though), and now my main server rsyncs the most important data (documents, pictures, and recent surveillance feeds from my cameras) to it every 12 hours. It's a sweet little device that never chokes and never gives me any level of frustration.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    Those things are nice. I have one that I use as my secondary server. My main server (storage wise) has a pair of 3TB Reds in a mirror. Knowing full well that RAID isn't a 'backup' I rigged up a nettop nearly identical to that (500GB HDD inside though), and now my main server rsyncs the most important data (documents, pictures, and recent surveillance feeds from my cameras) to it every 12 hours. It's a sweet little device that never chokes and never gives me any level of frustration.
    Yeah, my eeebox doubles at my home server with 2tb external attached. I think I'm going to tell my buddy to get one of these and then set up an htpc for him.