Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 395

Thread: GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    10,838

    Re: Trusty GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    I'm dropping Trusty from the title of this thread since we know that flashback will continue to be supported.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Beans
    101
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    I created two merge proposals...

    1) gnome-panel - https://code.launchpad.net/~albertsm.../+merge/215275. With this one alacarte will use correct menu file in gnome-flashback-session. You can manually apply this fix:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /usr/share/applications/gnome-panel.desktop
    Replace this line
    Code:
    Exec=gnome-panel
    with this
    Code:
    Exec=env XDG_MENU_PREFIX="gnome-flashback-" gnome-panel
    2) alacarte - https://code.launchpad.net/~albertsm.../+merge/215284. This will fix new menu and/or item creation. If you are using x64 I can upload deb package with this fix.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    10,838

    Re: GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by albertsmuktupavels View Post
    I created two merge proposals...

    1) gnome-panel - https://code.launchpad.net/~albertsm.../+merge/215275. With this one alacarte will use correct menu file in gnome-flashback-session. You can manually apply this fix:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /usr/share/applications/gnome-panel.desktop
    Replace this line
    Code:
    Exec=gnome-panel
    with this
    Code:
    Exec=env XDG_MENU_PREFIX="gnome-flashback-" gnome-panel
    2) alacarte - https://code.launchpad.net/~albertsm.../+merge/215284. This will fix new menu and/or item creation. If you are using x64 I can upload deb package with this fix.
    Hi Alberts, I test both i386 and amd64 so a .deb would be great.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    10,838

    Re: GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by albertsmuktupavels View Post
    I created two merge proposals...

    1) gnome-panel - https://code.launchpad.net/~albertsm.../+merge/215275. With this one alacarte will use correct menu file in gnome-flashback-session. You can manually apply this fix:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /usr/share/applications/gnome-panel.desktop
    Replace this line
    Code:
    Exec=gnome-panel
    with this
    Code:
    Exec=env XDG_MENU_PREFIX="gnome-flashback-" gnome-panel
    2) alacarte - https://code.launchpad.net/~albertsm.../+merge/215284. This will fix new menu and/or item creation. If you are using x64 I can upload deb package with this fix.
    Part #1 works nicely

    Will test part #2 when you get it built.

    Many thanks.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Beans
    101
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    alacarte_3.10.0-1ubuntu2_all.deb.zip

    Seems this .deb is for both i386 and amd64 systems.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    10,838

    Re: GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by albertsmuktupavels View Post
    alacarte_3.10.0-1ubuntu2_all.deb.zip

    Seems this .deb is for both i386 and amd64 systems.
    That works fine. I tested it pretty thoroughly - restoring defaults, creating a Sundry Menu item & then creating a new gnome-terminal Item within it. The only thing I was not sure of was where to place an icon for a new menu item but I'm sure some googling would tell me.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Beans
    101
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Alacarte fix should be available now with apt-get.

    To set icon you need click on icon (when creating new item and/or editing existing one) and than choose icon file.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    10,838

    Re: GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by albertsmuktupavels View Post
    Alacarte fix should be available now with apt-get.

    To set icon you need click on icon (when creating new item and/or editing existing one) and than choose icon file.
    I see that:

    alacarte (3.10.0-1ubuntu2) trusty; urgency=medium

    * Backport upstream patches to:
    - fix creating new items.
    - fix creating new menus.
    - make the restore button work.
    -- Alberts Muktupavels <alberts.muktupavels@gmail.com> Thu, 10 Apr 2014 22:28:53 +0300
    What package updates apply to part #1?

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Beans
    101
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    What package updates apply to part #1?
    gnome-panel

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Beans
    38
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Trusty GNOME Classic & Flashback sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    Is that from an Ubuntu GNOME installation, or Ubuntu?
    Plain Ubuntu with Flashback

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •