Thread: Unable to instal printer drivers via software center.

Beans

Unable to instal printer drivers via software center.

Hello, I have a brother dcp-7040 and I went to brother's site to get the drivers because they were not included in the list of drivers in system settings. http://welcome.solutions.brother.com....html#DCP-7040 I found the appropriate driver, however when I try to install it using the software center I receive the message "This package is of bad quality." After pressing ignore and install I kept getting the error "unable to complete installation." After trying a few times I don't get that message anyomore, however, It still isn't installing. This is happening for both the lpr driver and the cupswrapper driver. I am running Ububntu 13.10 amd64 Edit: also brother does not provide a ppd file for that specific printer. Edit: here areLintian check results for /the details for the first error: home/han_solo/Downloads/cupswrapperDCP7040-2.0.2-1.i386.deb: E: cupswrapperDCP7040: bad-package-name E: cupswrapperDCP7040: package-not-lowercase E: cupswrapperDCP7040: maintainer-address-missing Brother Industries,Ltd
    Last edited by coffeepenguin; October 30th, 2013 at 03:05 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Unable to instal printer drivers via software center.

Did you try the install method on this page?

The only thing is that su doesn't work as expected any more, so instead of using:

Code:
    sudo su
    just use:

Code:
    sudo

Beans

Re: Unable to instal printer drivers via software center.

I can't believe I made such a silly mistake, thank you so very much for helping me. After 4 days I can finally print things