Thread: Get away thread

Beans

Cool Get away thread

I cook, and eat.

I would like to explore some options and want to ask what you others do to get away from computing and maybe what you comp to, what groups or activities you participate in. It would help me to hear.
    Last edited by acodea; October 28th, 2013 at 09:27 PM.
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day

This was placed here to ignore

Beans

Re: Get away thread

Oh, I forgot games, mathematics and music theory.

Beans
    Hidden!

One of the things I do to get away from the computer is to collect things like coins, 100 year old cast iron toys, cast iron banks, etc. Finding them gets me out of the house. I have to go to yard sales, estate sales, and so fourth to find them.

Some people like model airplanes and others model cars. I think you just find something that interests you other than computers and just get involved in it.
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; October 28th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Grey_Wolf View Post
    One of the things I do to get away from the computer is to collect things like coins, 100 year old cast iron toys, cast iron banks, etc. Finding them gets me out of the house. I have to go to yard sales, estate sales, and so fourth to find them.
    I was helping a neighbor with her estate sales this weekend. 20 years there and so much to sell! A lot of fun and hurry.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Grey_Wolf View Post
    Yes Sir a Man after my own heart, I liken it to a Field Trip.
    Code:
    Some people like model airplanes and others model cars. I think you just  find something that interests you other than computers and just get  involved in it.
    Yep its just that easy

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by acodea View Post
    I cook, and eat. I would like to explore some options and want to ask what you others do to get away from computing and maybe what you comp to, what groups or activities you participate in. It would help me to hear.
    Besides spending time in front of my PC I do weight training 4 times a week and yoga 3 times a week.
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans

I like to cook over a open fire and waste the night away watching the flames. Northern lights are a bonus!

Beans

go for it. Weight Train, run or karate your way to self-produced feel-good chemicals, safest ones on earth

Beans

To get away from my puter, I can be found either dancing my butt off or competing in pool (billiards) tournaments. Taking trips to Lake Havasu is also something I like to do.
    San Francisco 49ers... Oh Yeah Baby!!!
    San Francisco Giants... Oh Yeah Baby!!!
    Always on time-out, what the heck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I study... although that seems to invlove a laptop all too often.

I also enjoy books, wakeboarding, snow skiing, tennis, football, and amateur motorsport.