Thread: Intel driver not working right after bumblebee (12.04LTS)

Beans

Post Intel driver not working right after bumblebee (12.04LTS)

hello to all.

First post and thank you in advance .
    I'm new to ubuntu and loving it .. but i own a laptop Allienware M11xr3 which runs in :
    lspci -nn | grep VGA
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0116] (rev 09)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GF108M [GeForce GT 540M] [10de:0df4] (rev ff)

after a clean install in ubuntu 12.04LTS everything worked fine .. except the heating problem and battery life
    so i installed nvidia drivers but had issues with the resolution ,and i used purge and --fix missing command to get ubuntu start again.

So i installed bumblebee+nvidia at the same command and by miracle it worked and battery life increased almost 3 times .
    But.. then i realized that i am running in unity 2D allthough i have the latest xserver-xorg drivers and in synaptics package manager i even reinstalled the packages for intel VGA.
    In 'System Settings' details in graphics it has Blanc and in experience it says Standard
    But now after LONG hours searching forums and googleing i cant get a solution to the problem..

im lost..

Beans

Re: Intel driver not working right after bumblebee (12.04LTS)

Post /var/log/Xorg.0.log (use code tags or pastebin).

In 'System Settings' details in graphics it has Blanc and in experience it says Standard
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/946620

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Temüjin View Post
    Post /var/log/Xorg.0.log (use code tags or pastebin).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/946620
    ok
    Xorg.0.log.zip

also i have installed mesa utils and before installing and purging the intel graphics card was showing in the details. i dont mind showing or not i just want to get Intel graphics to work properly and i think that it has something to do with this.

thanks for the reply though
    Last edited by johngiok; October 28th, 2013 at 04:38 PM.

Beans

Code:
    [ 12.990] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    [ 12.990] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
    Try (re)installing the package that contains this file: libgl1-mesa-dri

Beans

I think i love you ^^

It fixed everything graphics is showing Unity working in 3d all is good..

Having a laptop like this and using it with Ubuntu is showing my resolve to make it work .. And with support community that strong everything will be better for ubuntu.