Thread: Laptop wont switch back on

Beans

Exclamation Laptop wont switch back on

I was just browsing though fb on chromium when i noticed the laptop had nearly drained out. I connected it to power and continued to use it for approximately 5 minutes. Then it just switched off suddenly. No warnings. Absolutely nothing. Now it wont even power back on. I press the power button and nothing happens. No light blinking, no fan running, nothing. Trying to find a solution for the last hour and a half. No luck
    Someone please help me. The laptop is not even 2 months old so i doubt its a hardware failure.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Laptop wont switch back on

Check you power adapter. Some of them have an LED to show they are getting AC. Check all the connections to and from the power adapter.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Laptop wont switch back on

Take a voltmeter and measure the voltage coming out of the connector--it should match to voltage printed on the power brick--typically 12VDC to 19VDC.

When a battery is drained and you are also running the computer, that puts the maximum current drain on the power supply. It has to simultaneously charge the battery and keep power to the computer so it can keep rendering cat videos. Even though the computer is 2 months old, your laptop may be suffering from an early death--bathtub failure.

(No cats were harmed during the writing of this post.)
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.