Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashback (no effects) session unusable in Ubuntu GNOME

Beans

Re: Flashback (no effects) session unusable in Ubuntu GNOME

Sorry I can't be of any help but if you look back to post #3 you'll see I'm using Intel hardware so no Nouveau is in play here at all.

I did however encounter this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2192712

But I'm still using Precise for production

Beans

I should clarify that the freezing occurs just because gnome-session-flashback is installed. I was not even using it, I was in Unity when I switched user. After removing flashback it got a lot better. I installed LXDE as an alternative DE just to find out if it is because of having a second DE or gnome specific. Turned out flashback is the culprit, having lxde on the system doesn't cause freeze when switching user the way that flashback did.

This is about having gnome-session-flashback in default Ubuntu (Unity as the desktop) not Ubuntu Gnome. Also the freezing occurs only for the cursor (keyboard works fine) and only for switch back from guest to main user. The flashback session itself works without issue.

P.S. I am not asking for help, but only curious if others might have experienced this or if a bug report has been filed. As I said I don't use flashback, but it may be useful for those who use it.

Edited: Just tested with the Nvidia driver instea of nouveau, this problem doesn't happen.
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; December 12th, 2013 at 01:43 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I agree. nouveau is much smoother! Too bad it freezes my computer.
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12