Thread: 13.10 Auto-Hide Sidebar Problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

13.10 Auto-Hide Sidebar Problem.

So I updated to 13.10 a couple days back, and I didn't really have any problems, apart from the known time-disappearing-from-the-top-bar bug. I fixed that, but managed to mess up my unity interface at the same time(which I already fixed in the mean time too).

The only problem I have now, is that the option to auto-hide the sidebar doesn't work. When I turn it ON, it just stays out, and doesn't do anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel
    If your question is solved, please mark it with [SOLVED]by using Thread Tools.

Beans

Re: 13.10 Auto-Hide Sidebar Problem.

Quote Originally Posted by danielbauwens View Post
    So I updated to 13.10 a couple days back, and I didn't really have any problems, apart from the known time-disappearing-from-the-top-bar bug. I fixed that, but managed to mess up my unity interface at the same time(which I already fixed in the mean time too).

The only problem I have now, is that the option to auto-hide the sidebar doesn't work. When I turn it ON, it just stays out, and doesn't do anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel
    Well if you 'fixed' A but broke B in doing so, then 'fixed' B & now C is broken I'd look at what you did to fix A & B

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The ways that I "fixed" them, are all solutions to problems that other people had (time disappearing and unity interface gone). I used their solutions, and fixed it. This sidebar somehow got messed up in the process of everything else.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Alright, I solved the problem.

If you go to your CompizConfig Settings Manager (ccsm to open in a terminal)> Ubuntu Unity Plugin > Launcher.

There under "Hide Launcher" you have to select Auto-Hide instead of Never.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The setting is available in "System settings", "Appearance", "Behaviour" tab.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    The setting is available in "System settings", "Appearance", "Behaviour" tab.
    He did say: 'The only problem I have now, is that the option to auto-hide the sidebar doesn't work. When I turn it ON, it just stays out, and doesn't do anything.'

Hearing of all the problems or bugs that accompany 13.10 I'd think people ought to think twice before upgrading to quickly. The strange part is that I tested it in dual-boot and apart of the slowness in dash/lens I encountered no problems. I used the system settings solution for the sidebar and it works just fine. The conclusion for me is that these problems all very hardware dependent...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

People does not understand each other correctly 80% of the time. My apologies. Yes, this definitively does not work correctly. Try changing the settings in ccsm (Compiz Config setting Manager) as per the screenshot here (http://askubuntu.com/questions/37083...uncher-delay): here it seems to work well, and the bug then is no more than wrong default settings.
    As a matter of fact, I am not sure whether that setting will stay between sessions, because when I load ccsm again, the entered values are gone again.