Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo Not Visible in Usb

Beans

Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo Not Visible in Usb

Hello My Sony Ericsson xperia Neo
    is not visible or mounted when connected to the computer
    I need to know how to fix it because I want to install Ubuntu touch on it (^_^)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo Not Visible in Usb

If it runs Android 4, you need Ubuntu 13.04 or later in order to be able to mount the phone.

Also, I don't know if this phone is supported, it looks a little bit low-end to be able to run Ubuntu. Are you sure Ubuntu has been ported to that phone?
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Hi im running ubuntu 13.10, its not supported but I found people who have successfully installed ubuntu touch on it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

go to Settings- Connections- More settings- USB utilities then enable USB Drive. then plugin your USB and it will appear as a USB drive
    Monitor: LG flatron w1954s 22", mobo: G31-m7 series, CPU: Intel LGA 775 Intel core duo 2 2,66GHZ, RAM: 3GB, GPU: ATI Radeom HD 2400, Storage: 500GB SATA and 80GB IDE, Windows 7 ultimate and Ubuntu