Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LAMMPS compiling error

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: LAMMPS compiling error

If you get it via the PPA it is already built for you and you don't need to build anything yourself or even the source code. The PPA uses the same package management tools that the regular repository uses. So it takes care of any dependencies (other packages you need to run the first package) and updates. You have to add your particular PPA manually following the instructions above, but once it is added to your list of repositories, you can install with a few clicks and won't need to compile anything.

Beans

Dear Lars,
    Thanks for you feedback, However, there are still unclear places for me.
    According to your comment means ..... I can just run my calculation on this?? You also said that ppa can install with a few clicks... it means still I have to install the software or as I said it is already in appropriate directories so no need to do any thing about it??

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

There are two steps.

The first one is a preparatory step and needs to be done only once. That is to add the appropriate PPA to your list of repositories. steeldriver pointed to it in #3 above.

The second one is that you can use your package manager (Synaptic or Ubuntu Software Center) to install LAMMPS. No manually downloading or compilation is needed then.

Then you should be able to run LAMMPS on your machine and get updates from the PPA as they become available. Manual downloading or compilation should not come into the question using a PPA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12