Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LAMMPS compiling error

Beans

LAMMPS compiling error

Dear Developer and users,

I am new to LAMMPS and just try to install it. However, it produce the following error:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [../lmp_openmpi] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vampire/tools/lammps-30Sep13/src/Obj_openmpi'
    make: *** [openmpi] Error 2
    vampire@vampire-HP-ProBook-4530s:~/tools/lammps-30Sep13/src$

I am not sure how to solve it but obviously related to lmp (what is lmp anyway?). Please be kind enough to provide me necessary steps to solve this error. By the way, I am working on Ubuntu 12.04 OS
    Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

package manager

If you are compiling anything on Ubuntu, you have probably taken a misstep and need to go back a little and start over.

Linux, Apache, MySQL/Postgresql, and Perl/PHP5/Python are all either on your system already or available via the package manager. With the package manager not only do you get to skip compiling anything, but it also automatically handles dependencies and later updates and patches.

The Linux part, that's Ubuntu. So you have that already.

Apache2, that's in Ubuntu Software Center or in Synaptic. Same with MySQL and PHP5.

Perl and Python are already on your system.

So the few packages you need can be installed via the package manager (Ubuntu Software Center or Synaptic) via a few clicks. No compiling needed.

Beans

Re: LAMMPS compiling error

I suspect the OP is referring to this --> http://lammps.sandia.gov/ rather than LAMP

However there does appear to be a PPA --> http://lammps.sandia.gov/download.html#ubuntu

Beans
    Distro

LOL. No harm done, I hope. The PPA would be the easy way, I hope it is up to date.

Beans

Steeldriver and Lars Nooden,

Thank you for your comments. However, I am not sure how it is going to work with pre-built LAMMPS. It is just go to usr/share/lammps-daily and type "make yes-all" and the rest of the commands?? Anyway, if any of you built this on your Ubuntu 12.04 please give me more information.
    Thanks

Beans

New error appreas here. I will post this also in LAMMPS mailing list. If any of you familier with this please give me some useful information to proceed from here. Thanks

In file included from ../neigh_list.h:18:0,
    from ../neigh_respa_omp.cpp:16:
    ../my_page.h: In member function ‘void LAMMPS_NS::MyPage<T>::allocate() [with T = int]’:
    ../my_page.h:154:7: instantiated from ‘T* LAMMPS_NS::MyPage<T>::vget() [with T = int]’
    ../neigh_respa_omp.cpp:99:27: instantiated from here
    ../my_page.h:216:11: warning: unused variable ‘ptr’ [-Wunused-variable]
    mpic++ -O2 -funroll-loops -fstrict-aliasing -Wall -W -Wno-uninitialized -DLAMMPS_GZIP -DLMP_USER_OMP -I../../src -DFFT_FFTW3 -c ../output.cpp
    mpic++ -O2 -funroll-loops -fstrict-aliasing -Wall -W -Wno-uninitialized -DLAMMPS_GZIP -DLMP_USER_OMP -I../../src -DFFT_FFTW3 -c ../pair_adp_omp.cpp
    In file included from ../pair_adp_omp.h:28:0,
    from ../pair_adp_omp.cpp:18:
    ../thr_omp.h:171:20: warning: unused parameter ‘nthreads’ [-Wunused-parameter]
    ../pair_adp_omp.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void LAMMPS_NS:airADPOMP::compute(int, int)’:
    ../pair_adp_omp.cpp:74:10: error: ‘class LAMMPS_NS::ThrData’ has no member named ‘timer’
    ../pair_adp_omp.cpp:74:16: error: incomplete type ‘LAMMPS_NS::Timer’ used in nested name specifier
    ../pair_adp_omp.cpp:95:10: error: ‘class LAMMPS_NS::ThrData’ has no member named ‘timer’
    ../pair_adp_omp.cpp:95:16: error: incomplete type ‘LAMMPS_NS::Timer’ used in nested name specifier
    ../pair_adp_omp.cpp: In member function ‘void LAMMPS_NS:airADPOMP::eval(int, int, LAMMPS_NS::ThrData*)’:
    ../pair_adp_omp.cpp:205:10: error: ‘class LAMMPS_NS::ThrData’ has no member named ‘timer’
    ../pair_adp_omp.cpp:205:16: error: incomplete type ‘LAMMPS_NS::Timer’ used in nested name specifier
    ../pair_adp_omp.cpp:223:10: error: ‘class LAMMPS_NS::ThrData’ has no member named ‘timer’
    ../pair_adp_omp.cpp:223:16: error: incomplete type ‘LAMMPS_NS::Timer’ used in nested name specifier
    make[1]: *** [pair_adp_omp.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vampire/tools/lammps-30Sep13/src/Obj_openmpi'
    make: *** [openmpi] Error 2

Beans
    Distro

ppa

PPAs contain ready-made packages, just not ones ready for the main repositories. Using a PPA is mostly like using any other repository but the difference is that you have to point your package manager to the right archive.

https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging...allingSoftware

Once that's set, you can install your program and do not need to look at 'make' or other compiler tools.

Edit: see the link steeldriver posted in #3 above. It goes to "Pre-built Ubuntu Linux executables " which would allow you to skip compiling everything yourself.
    Last edited by Lars Noodén; October 25th, 2013 at 08:15 AM.

Beans

Hi all,

I have solved the above problem by editing the file pair_adp_omp.cpp by removing the thr->timer:Timer::START) and thr->timer (timer:AIR) lines. So it is solved. However, as my knowledge of Ubuntu 12.04lts OS is limited please someone advice me how to set FFTW2 library path to makefile.openmpi . I have fftw3 but lammps users requested to use fftw2 because fftw3 may chage the interface of the software. I downloaded fftw 2.1.5 version and keep it in my lammps-30Sep12/usr. Now i am not sure how to add the path to makefile to do the job because I have already tried to use I/home/vampire/tools/lammps-30Sep13/src/fftw-2.1.5 as path but doesn't work.??
    Please anyone tell me what should I do to make it work.
    Thanks

Beans

If you install it from the ppa there is no need to build anything - the ppa contains a pre-built binary for your system

http://lammps.sandia.gov/download.html#ubuntu

3 commands and done

Beans

Dear Steeldriver,

I am trying to install it from lammps-daily package provided by the above link. However, I came across a problem which is althrough I have lammps-daily in /usr/bin/lammes-daily and /usr/share/lammes-daily-doc in correct places I can't run the make yes-all command and rest of them because when I am trying to access to /usr/bin/lammps-daily it said that lammps-daily is not a directory? So how can I run commands to build the lammps from lammps-daily PPA?? Please explain to me. By the way , I have limited knowledge of Ubuntu and particularly Linux so please try to answer with little details. Thanks a lot.
    Jeffrey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast