Thread: Some web pages not working since upgrade to 13.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Some web pages not working since upgrade to 13.10

I upgraded a day or so back but am now seeing some odd behaviour, in that some web pages and apps work, but others don't anymore and are reporting 'page not found'

The ones that work are:

• App - phpmyadmin
    • App - webmin
    • Page - phpinfo

The ones that don't work are:

• App - Mantis
    • Page - default "It works!"

From what I can see, nothing about the missing ones has been deleted, but Apache doesn't appear to be able to find them, so my guess is that perhaps a config/redirect file has been overwritten, I just need to nail down which one. Can anyone give me a quick pointer as to where to look first?
    ...knows just enough to be dangerous

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Some web pages not working since upgrade to 13.10

Have you checked /var/log/apache2/error.log to see if there is an indication of the problem?

Beans

it may be related to the upgrade to apache2.4

from ispConfig
    Ubuntu 13.10 has been released recently. This new Ubuntu versions uses apache 2.4 by default which causes various problems. The apache configuration Syntax has been changed from apache 2.2 to 2.4, so websites that were created for apache 2.2 will fail on the new version.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Have you checked /var/log/apache2/error.log to see if there is an indication of the problem?
    There's nothing in the error log that indicates anything amiss, and all I can see in the Apache Access Log are a series of 404 errors, which tell me no more than the browser response give me.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyfamous View Post
    it may be related to the upgrade to apache2.4

from ispConfig
    That's where I'm headed next...

I forgot to mention, the phpinfo page is what I'm being presented with instead of the "It works!" page.
    Last edited by Chris of Arabia; October 24th, 2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Afterthought...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

My apologies for resurrecting this, however, since my last post, I've got precisely nowhere with this and things are much as they were, though admittedly I've not had much time to put into it.

My main www directory is sitting in:

• /var/www/ - which contains
      • index.php (holds the phpinfo request)

The Mantis installation is located in the default location the distro installed it to:

• /usr/share/mantis/

Though I can also find related files in:

• /etc/mantis/
      • apache.conf
      • config_inc.php
      • config_local.php
      • custom_constraints_inc.php
      • custom_functions_inc.php
      • custom_relationships_inc.php
      • custom_strings_inc.php
      • htaccess.dat

As far as the default 'It works!' page goes, well, I can find dozens of them, but the one I suspect is the correct one is located at:

• /usr/share/apache2/default-site/index.html

The thing that seems odd to me, is that it's not just an application that apache seems to know nothing of (in this case Mantis), but also that index.html file. That's the most basic indication that apache is working, yet seemingly, apache knows nothing of it - it's never been moved, never edited, or changed in any way. Which brings me to the comments by nobodyfamous - how would the "apache configuration Syntax has been changed from apache 2.2 to 2.4" apply here? Would apache syntax apply to how it goes about locating a basic html file? To be honest, most of what I've read on the subject just leaves me scratching my head.

Would anyone care to give me a bit of a clue on how apache routinely finds the applications installed within it's realm? It's finding other apps (webmin, phpmyadmin), so why not these?

Oh, and here's the phpinfo file, or at least the top of it, maybe that offers some clues.

phpconfig.jpg
    Last edited by Chris of Arabia; November 16th, 2013 at 07:40 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
    As far as the default 'It works!' page goes, well, I can find dozens of them, but the one I suspect is the correct one is located at:

• /usr/share/apache2/default-site/index.html

I just tried renaming this one to something else, just to check whether index.php files had been prioritised in the /var/www/ folder, but no such luck - I just get the directory listing, it doesn't try and scoot off elsewhere to find what it's looking for.