Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nautilus 3.8: Functions removed

Beans

Re: Nautilus 3.8: Functions removed

I wrongly assumed Nautilus would have to be removed before a Nautilus-based alternative could be installed, but both can work together.
    Last edited by Jonor; October 25th, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I'm quitting Nautilus for Nemo. It seems that was the intention of the Gnome folks all along, I wont waste more time fighting it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Just upgraded to 13.10 the other day and I find Nautilus pretty much unusable. I can't seem to do anything in it. If I install Nemo won't that mess up a lot of things like the desktop, main home folders, bookmarks etc.?

I saw in an older thread that Treeview was supposed to have been put back into Nautilus but if it is, I can't figure out how to turn it on, or change to any other view than bookmarks in the left panel?
    Last edited by octathlon; October 26th, 2013 at 05:01 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by octathlon View Post
    Just upgraded to 13.10 the other day and I find Nautilus pretty much unusable. I can't seem to do anything in it. If I install Nemo won't that mess up a lot of things like the desktop, main home folders, bookmarks etc.?
    Hi octathlon, I have had no issues so far... both Nemo and Nautilus can be used side by side without issue (I only use the later by mistake).

Contrary to what some claim in this thread, it is hard to conceive Nautilus 3.8 as an usable programme, even for beginners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12