Thread: Choosing "Shutdown" from the menu does not completely switch off my Dell 1545 laptop.

Beans

Choosing "Shutdown" from the menu does not completely switch off my Dell 1545 laptop.

I have a shutdown problem in Lubuntu 13.10 (64-bit) as well. Didn't have it before on Lubuntu 13.04 (32-bit) on the same laptop. Choosing "Shutdown" from the menu does not completely switch off my Dell 1545 laptop. The one indicator light present keeps glowing. I have to pull the power cord out to get that LED to go off.

I haven't tried at the "before you login" step but I will try that after logging out instead of going for a shutdown directly.

However, I have doubts because even sudo shutdown -P now leaves the indicator light on as stated above.
    Last edited by philinux; October 22nd, 2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: prefix and title

Beans

Re: Shutdown option in unity bar doesnt work once logged in for Ubuntu 13.10

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    I have a shutdown problem in Lubuntu 13.10 (64-bit) as well. Didn't have it before on Lubuntu 13.04 (32-bit) on the same laptop. Choosing "Shutdown" from the menu does not completely switch off my Dell 1545 laptop. The one indicator light present keeps glowing. I have to pull the power cord out to get that LED to go off...

So this problem was not apparent on the live session, only after being installed? I was trying out Lubuntu 13.10 yesterday, but did not install yet. Looks pretty good otherwise.

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Shutdown option in unity bar doesnt work once logged in for Ubuntu 13.10

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis N View Post
    So this problem was not apparent on the live session, only after being installed? ....
    I went for a reboot at the time of the live session, not a plain shutdown and so I can't really comment on how things would work in a live session.

@DennisN, at the risk of derailing OP's thread, could you please look at my unrelated thread here. I'd appreciate it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Choosing "Shutdown" from the menu does not completely switch off my Dell 1545 lap

Posts split to own thread. Please dont hijack threads.