Hey all:

I been trying to set up dual monitors on my new build. The GPU is based on the A8-5600K APU (CPU+GPU together). The motherboard has HDMI and VGA. While using Gallium 0.4 I couldnt access the 2nd monitor at all, so I decided to activate the propietary driver and after everything is installed I can use the Catalyst software (in admin mode) to fiddle with the configs. Problem is, all I have as monitors is this 32" LCD Sharp HDTV and a 17" NEC LCD (which is the secondary). No matter how I play with it, it always detects the 17" as the primary (shown in Catalyst software with #1) and the 32" as secondary.

Not even manually moving the 32" to the left of the 17" fixes it. It has the correct position but it is still the #2. And even if I were to keep it like that, it still shows the dock area on both monitors. So I was hoping to find a fix for this, or, use a 2nd GPU card I have laying around, but this last one is an nvidia card (hence the title). Is it possible to have 2 different brand (Amd/Nvidia) GPU's on same system? I'm not looking into SLI nor Crossfire or anything of the sort. I just want to be able to use these 2 monitors as a extended desktop, having the 32" as primary and the 17" as secondary. Resolution wise, the 32 is 1366x768 and the 17 would be set as 1024x768.

Thoughts?