Thread: [Linux Mint 15] Dummy Output Spontaniously took out my working sound card...

Beans

[Linux Mint 15] Dummy Output Spontaniously took out my working sound card...

I was setting up Banshee Media Player's preferances in the gui and it suddenly crashed. Tried to reopen it, crashed again. Rebooted, reopend, crashed. Un-installed Banshee, Installed Rythmbox. Let it update my music library then started a song to listen to while I customized it. No sound. Opened my sound settings and where it used to name my sound driver that I had been using for a good month it now says "Dummy Output".

I've checked around and the only thing close to my problem the guy was left hanging months ago being told to reset his CMOS after only being directed to one very lengthy guide on basicly how sound drivers worked in Linux.

Can someone please help me out, I'm a n00b at command line btw so be gentle, lol.

alsa output:
    http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=02...12c9831b85f14c
    Last edited by tlytle83; October 27th, 2013 at 07:33 AM.

Beans

Re: [Linux Mint 15] Dummy Output Spontaniously took out my working sound card...

Okay, I rebooted two more times and now its working again. Sorry for the frivolous post.